Welcome back, food lovers! Today, I am bringing you another delicious recipe. I made this for the boyfriend and my anniversary! Which was a while ago. Haha. Boy, am I slacking in the Treats department…
Anyway. Tiramisu is not one of my go-to for desserts. Actually, I don’t even like it. Pretty much because of the strong coffee flavor. Ick! But that’s not the point.
Tiramisu is one of Chris’ favorite desserts in the whole world.
Except he didn’t ask. Oh what a good girlfriend I am. Muahahaha.
Do any of you like Tiramisu?
Nilla wafers (amount will vary)
4 tbsp Strongly brewed coffee**
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 tub (8 oz) Whipped Topping, thawed
Cocoa powder for garnish (optional)
1. Brew strong coffee.**
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and the coffee.
3. Add the whipped topping and mix until blended.
4. Line a baking pan (I used a 9-inch cake pan) with Nilla wafers.
5. Add half of the whipped topping mixture.
6. Repeat with another layer.
7. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
8. Sprinkle cocoa powder over the top, if you desire.
**The original recipe (here) calls for instant coffee and hot water. I didn’t have instant coffee, but I did have K Cups. I used the strongest blend and it worked out extremely well.