This time I bring to you…
Oh my gosh, you guys. I love snickerdoodle cookies! So cinnamony. So yummy in my tummy!
I swear, this recipe is my go-to snickerdoodle recipe! A huge thank you to Sally’s Baking Addiction for this outstanding recipe! Sally is my go-to cookie person! If you don’t have her blog bookmarked, you totally should. LOL.
1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
1&1/3 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cream of tartar*
2&1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Set aside.
- In a mixer, cream butter until smooth.
- Add sugar, and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients, but slowly add in flour, and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop into little balls**, and roll the dough into the topping mixture.
- Put the cookies onto a tray and bake for 10-11 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Let cool on tray, then transfer to cooling rack or air tight container.
ENJOY these fantastic cookies!
* — Cream of tartar is a must in this recipe. It is what makes the snickerdoodle. Without it, it’s just a sugar cookie. And nobody wants that.
** — Or use a medium/small cookie scoop. I always use a medium one.
Have you had snickerdoodles?
What are your thoughts?
Until next time,