This week’s topic is…
5 Things that I’ve Done and I Thought I Couldn’t
- Graduate high school a year early. That was a lot of hard work. I took summer school for two years, and took an extra class each year. Lots of early mornings, late nights, and a shit ton of homework. But I did it.
- Got divorced. For many people this one could be easy. Me? I strugged with this so bad the first time. While I knew I shouldn’t be married at the time, it was so hard, internally. Like my parents, I always thought when I got married, that would be it. I would be married until the day I die. My parents are going on their 32nd year of marriage. When mine blew up, my ideas were shattered. But I was able to pick myself up and move on.
- Grow up. I was so immature for so many years. I know that now. During my high school years, I couldn’t wait to grow up. Little did I know how easy I truly had it. I was in for a rude awakening when I grew up. And I did.
- Decide on a college major. Haha, except now, I’m not sure if I want English or Accounting. But hey, maybe I’ll do both!
- Become stronger. Mentally, I am so much stronger than I was when I was younger. I have been through so much shit; I’m thankful I made it out. I am stronger than my wildest dreams.
**Next up on 5 Things on Sunday: Tropes that Make Me Pick Up a Book
Tell me. What are 5 things you’ve done??
~~ As always, if you have any suggestions for the 5 Things posts, let me know!