If you guys know me at all, you know that besides Peanut Butter Cookies and Snickers…
… Mac and Cheese is one of my favorite foods!
I am always on the lookout for new recipes. We had Hillshire Smoked Sausage laying around in my freezer. So what did I do?
Yep, you guessed it. I went on Pinterest.
I found this recipe from Hillshire’s website and fell in love. Nom nom nom. But of course I customized it. Oh yes I did.
Just look at this.
THREE different types of cheese.
This hardly took any time at all. Unless you count all the time it took me to shred the cheese, because I don’t have a grater. I used a zester. Yep. Improvising for the win!
1 box (16 oz) Elbow noodles
1 lb smoked sausage (I used 2 though)
12 oz shredded Cheddar Cheese*
4 oz shredded Mozzarella Cheese*
8 oz Mexican Blend Cheese (pre-shredded)*
1/2 cup butter
2 cups heavy cream
A little extra cheese for topping
1. Cook and drain the Elbow noodles. Return the noddles to the pan.
2. Pre-heat oven to 350* F
3. Cut the sausage into chunks and cook thoroughly. (I did it in quarters, but you can do it however you like.)
4. Shred the cheese into one bowl.
5. Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan.
6. Once melted, add in the heavy cream and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and smooth.
7. Pour the cheese sauce and sausage into the noodles.
8. Grease a 9×13 pan, and more mac and cheese into pan. Top with the extra cheese.
9. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
*You can use any kind of cheese you want. It does not have to be what I used. Just make sure it is shredded, or it will take forever to melt.
Guys. In Vegas, we have a restaurant called The Mac Shack. It’s basically all things noodles. AKA all things mac and cheese. Chris gave me high praise saying it was AS GOOD AS THE MAC SHACK. Damn. That is very, very high praise. This is on my list to make all the time! Haha.
Is this something you guys would make?
Until next time,