Hey guys! Welcome back!
I had my doubts about this recipe, but I am so thankful I made it.
It was approved by everyone in my house! Yay! Another Pinterest Win! 😛
So this time, I bring to you…
Chicken Pasta in a Tomato Cream Sauce
Yes, yes, I’m aware it is a super long name… Not my fault, guys!
I did change a few things within this recipe. And I’m definitely glad I did. I do think that next time, though, I would cut the chicken into smaller strips, that way the pieces aren’t so big. Oooh, this would be good with the cubed chicken I usually do…
Anyway, back to the recipe. 😀
3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
Smokey Ranchero seasoning packet (I got mine from McCormick)
1 box penne pasta (16 oz)
4 tbsp butter
6 tbsp oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
1 cup heavy cream
Salt & Pepper to taste
1.Cut the chicken into strips
2. Season both sides of chicken. Heat 2 tbsp butter and 3 tbsp oil in a skillet. Once oil is hot, drop chicken in. Cook on one side for 4 minutes, then flip over. Cook until done.
3. Set the chicken aside to cool.
4. Cook pasta according to directions on box.
5. In another saucepan, heat up the remaining butter and oil. Add in chicken broth and reduce to half.
6. Once reduced, add in tomato sauce and heavy cream.
7. Preheat oven to 350* F.
8. Stir well to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste, then simmer on low.
9. Drain the pasta and put back into pan. Add in the sauce and stir to combine.
10. Grease a 9×13 pan, and pour pasta into pan. Add chicken on the top, then top off with cheese.
11. Bake for 15-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Enjoy this awesome recipe!
*Adapted from The Untalented Chef.