A weekly meme, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
Top Ten Bookish Things I Want to Quit (Or Not Quit)
I am going to narrow this down even more and say…
Top Ten Books I DNF Recently
1. The Guest List by Melissa Hill. I just could not get into it! I really tried and wanted to. I made it 20 pages I think. It might have been less.
2. Ulysses by James Joyce. I mean, really? I tried. 2 pages in. Nope.
3. Hawthorne by Sarah Ballance. It wasn’t too interesting, and I had other books on my plate. I think I made it 45% through.
4. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Wait a minute. Don’t yell at me! I started it, read the first couple chapters, and just got busy. Before I knew it, it had been like two months, so I did not pick it back up. Hopefully, I will, someday. I loved the movie though! Hahaha!
5. “The Open Boat” by Stephen Crane. A short story. For school. It just starts out boring and I already did all the other reading. So I figured I could skip this one, after three pages.
I actually think that is all I DNF lately. I usually finish everything I start, but a couple seem to slip through the cracks. Oh well. Over the years, I’ve learned it is ok to not DNF a book. I used to think I had to read all of it. Thank goodness that changed! 😉