Pinterest wins again! I am loving these new ideas! Honey mustard chicken with bacon and cheese. Yummy!
Two huge skeptics of mustard live in my house. I’m not a huge fan of yellow mustard, but I do like honey mustard. Those two skeptics said this was the best chicken I had made in a while! And all I do is cook chicken! So that has to say something right there, right?
This is definitely on my to-make-again list! Everyone loved it!
*Adapted from Plain Chicken.
6 chicken breasts (or one for each person, depending on who you’re cooking for)
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup dijon mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
6 tbsp bacon (cooked, cut into pieces) **Or more bacon, depending on what you like.
2 cups shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375* F.
2. Mix the honey, dijon mustard and lemon juice. Set aside.
3. Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray, arrange chicken and season to taste. Make 3 diagonal cuts along the top of each chicken breast.
4. Pour honey mustard mixture over chicken.
5. Cook for 25-35 minutes.
6. In the meantime, cook the bacon and cut into pieces.
7. About halfway through cook time, take chicken out and use spoon to drizzle the honey mustard over the chicken again. Put chicken back in and cook for remaining time.
8. Once done, take chicken out of the oven, and sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
9. Cook for 10-15 more minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
Serve with rice and veggies! Or on it’s own.