I’m trying to get crafty lately, and I must admit that this is a Pinterest inspired recipe, although I did not actually take the recipe from Pinterest. I completely improvised and made it my own.
It was good, but the general consensus was the sauce was not good. So next time, I will definitely use a different kind of red pasta sauce. I had one jar of mariana and one jar of roasted garlic and tomatoes. Apparently, they do not mix well together. Better luck next time!
Anyway, it was delicious even if the sauce was a little weird. I breaded the chicken, add the good mozzarella cheese, noodles and bam! Chicken Parmesan.
3 chicken breasts (I cubed mine, but whole would work just as well)
Splash of milk
Oil, as needed
16 oz pasta (any kind. I used Penne)
2 16 oz jars of pasta sauce
Mozzarella cheese, if desired
2 cups shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350* F, use 375* F if using whole chicken breasts
2. Mix eggs with milk
3. Cube the chicken and toss into the egg mixture.
4. Take chicken from egg mixture and toss it into bread crumbs.
5. From the bread crumbs, put into pan and fry with little oil. Fry chicken until thoroughly cooked. Unless you’re using whole chicken breasts. If so, cook until 2/3 done.
6. Cook the pasta.
7. Grease a 9×13 pan. Once the pasta is done, add the pasta to the pan.
8. Top with mozzarella cheese.
9. Add the chicken to the top of the mozzarella cheese.
10. Pour pasta sauce over chicken and top with the shredded cheese.
11. Cook for 15-20 until cheese is bubbly, if cubed. If whole, cook for 30-45 minutes until chicken is cooked all the way through.
Serve with salad or vegetables.