I’ve been needing new ideas for dinner. More people means more ideas! Cooking for five instead of three now. Anyway, so there I was, scouring Pinterest for ground beef ideas, and I found it. Taco Bake. It’s almost like Mexican Pizza, except it’s not. So yummy!
I did change the recipe, but you can find the original here at The Country Cook.
Well, really, the only thing I did was triple it, and put it in a 9×13 pan, instead of an 8-inch round pan. It seemed to work out better because I have more people in my family.
We did find it a little spicy. Not because of the Salsa Con Queso, but because of the taco seasoning. I tripled the amount in the recipe, but I think 2 packets would have been just fine instead of 3. But if you like spicy, I recommend the 3 packets.
3 lbs ground beef
3 taco seasoning packets
Water according to packets
1 1/2 cups Salsa Con Queso (I used Tostitos)
9 Flour tortillas
3 cups cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350* F.
2. Cook ground beef until browned. Drain and put back into skillet.
3. Add taco seasoning packets and water.
4. Once the meat is ready, add in the Salsa Con Queso and stir. Take off heat.
5. Grease a 9×13 pan, and lay down the first layer of tortillas.
6. Spoon the beef mixture evenly, and top off with a cup of cheese.
7. Add more tortillas, and repeat step 6, two more times.
8. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Let cool for a few minutes before serving. Top with sour cream, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, if desired.