Seeing as how it is June, I graduated high school eight years ago. In those eight years, I have been married and divorced, I have become stronger, I have given birth, and I have become wiser. I have become more of an adult, more responsible, and more mature. In short, I grew up. Now, I know you’re thinking many people grow up as they get older. Yes, that is true, however, I’d like to think (and actually know in a few cases), that I have changed my way of thinking and for certain, I have become a lot stronger than high school.
As every teenager does, I went through tough times. My family life was not bad, as others were, and my grades were not D’s and F’s. I went through a very difficult time when I was 15 and it haunted me as I continued into those years. In turn, I was a rebellious teenager. I still graduated a year early, and once I did, I was out. However, during those years, I lost many friends, I married my high school sweetheart, and ultimately I lost the person I wanted to be.
If I could go back in time, I would tell myself these 10 things, that could have made my life just a little bit easier.
1. Teachers are there to help you, make friends and be sincere. You could make friends for life.
2. Study and remember what you study. Pay attention. But grades are only minuscule in the grand scheme of things.
3. Never disrespect your elders, whomever they are. Parents, teachers, friend’s parents.
4. Get a job and work hard. **I did this and I do not regret it one bit.**
5. If one of your very trusted friends questions your relationship, look at it from their point of view. You might see things differently.
6. This too shall pass and you will get through it. What doesn’t kill you, will make you stronger.
7. Don’t fight over a boy. Many times, they are not worth it.
8. Wait until the time is right to lose your virginity.
9. Obey the speed limits. You will save tons of money this way.
10. Always be true to yourself. No matter what.
What is something you would tell yourself if you could go back in time?